RunCloud for web servers (Management Panel)
I've been looking and testing different solutions to control some web servers I have. Tried all the free ones, but did not find any that fitted my use case and requirements 100 percent. Some of the requirements I had was things like:
- Should be able to control multiple websites - with possibility for multiple user management (FTP accounts per site/application).
- Majority of app's hosted will be php with or without a DB - the platform should support that.
- Script installer would be nice, but not a "must have".
- Server statistics and logs should be available within the solution.
- Easy deployment of SSL to the app's.
- Platform should support Cloud hosting providers (like Vultr & Linode), but also my home lab that runs on VMware vSphere Hypervisor.
First one I tested was ServerPilot.io. The platform is really nice and get's the job done in regards to my requirements. Sadly the price structure is a bit heavy as they charge $10 per server - that's a bit too much if you ask me.
I then tested out Runcloud.io (referral link) which has a much better price structure, as they only charge $10 for unlimited servers, with all features included. Because of the price and features between ServerPilot and RunCloud being almost the same, I went with RunCloud as my provider. Below you'll find some screenshots from RunCloud and the price structure of the two providers for reference.
RunCloud servers list view
RunCloud server view
RunCloud app view (SSL settings)
There's many more features than what I provided as screenshots here, so I advice you to test them out. You get a 5 day free Pro trial (after the 5 days your servers will just be downgraded to the free package - no lost data) just by signing up and if you use my referral link HERE you'll get an extra 15 days for free If you decide to buy the Pro package.
RunCloud price structure
ServerPilot price structure